Friday, May 16, 2014

SELMA OR BUST: WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE by BRIIAN DARGON

Soooooooooo for the last 2 hours I have been going back and forth with the casting agency for the movie SELMA directed by the acclaimed Film Director Ava Duvernay (Middle of Nowhere) and Produced by one Ms.Oprah Winfrey. Last week while reading about the casting, I submitted some photos and my contact information not thinking anything would come of it since I stated in my email that I had no formal acting experience but that I grew up in the South and that I knew this story. I get a call at 4:00pm asking me for additional photos (face shots) which I emailed from my phone, I received a response from them asking me where was I located, I responded. The next response from them was "Could you be in Atlanta tomorrow for a fitting?", at this point I'm shaking but responded that I could providing they sent additional details and I could work out my schedule. Alas, it was not meant to be as they would need me there by 9am for the fitting and then all week for a shoot date on Friday. What I know for sure is that nothing happens if you don't put yourself out there and although I will not be in the film "SELMA", I like the process and will probably try again. I'm really just geeked they even responded.





































Designer/Photographer Briian Dargon

No comments:

Post a Comment