Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MUSIC REVIEW: TAMIA - BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE


There are very few singers let alone female artists around who leave such an indelible impression on me as Tamia. 

I've been a fan since 1994's "You Put A Move On My Heart" off of Q's Jook Joint with Quincy Jones.  This is the first new album in 6 years for the underrated Canadian-American songstress who could sing bible verses and make me drop to my knees.

Tamia has one of the purest voices I have ever heard and if the album gods have anything to say about it, this new project should cement her place in the pantheons of music royalty.

I don't know the names of the producers or writers on this project but Tamia delivers the lyrics as if she were having a comfortable conversation with an old friend.

It's rare that I love a whole album (especially nowadays) but from beginning to end Tamia delivers each song with such beauty and understanding that if I were mute I would just play this album and let it speak for me.

Beautiful, Yes! Surprise, Not so much! This album is a must-have.

now available on itunes, amazon.com and other music outlets 

No comments:

Post a Comment