Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's So Unique about UNIQUE?

I first spotted UNIQUE Thrift/Vintage Store from the window of the #1 train.  I lived in Riverdale at the time and always wondered what is was as i would see people coming in and out as if they were looting.  One Saturday I decided to go in and it changed my life (Yes! I know that reads dramatically).

As a Designer and Photographer, part of my job is to sometimes come up with concepts for my shoots and UNIQUE became my prop heaven.  When i say they have some of everything up in there, i am not kidding.

As a creative and working in the fashion industry, what i visually present to the world is important but i'm no fashionista (at least not from garment district point of view).  I like to create looks for myself that are uniquely me (pun intended). UNIQUE not only helps me step up my style qoutient but also shows my character.

Imagine my surprise after moving to Brooklyn recently that they had a UNIQUE store as well (I swear i would've made the trek back to the Bronx if i had to).

Located at 408 Fulton Street in the Fulton Mall area of Downtown Brooklyn, Unique Thrift/Vintage Store offers some great clothing options such as Blazers, Coats, Sweatshirts, Shoes, Bags, Hats, etc. with great details and ridiculously low prices. With the economy being the way it is, everyone is looking for a deal.  I recently purchased a whole outfit for $11.84 (Yes! I'm serious).  The cherry on top is that on Monday's they give an additional 25% off.  

For all my dudes that are on a budget like me but still want to look fly,  i would suggest you drop by at your earliest opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment